Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"POEM"- I DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE COMMON

I DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE COMMON
                           ~
It is my right to be uncommon-if I can.
I seek opportunity-not security.
I want to take the calculated risk;
to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed.
I refuse to barter incentive for a dole.
I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;
the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia.
I will never cower before any master
nor bend to any threat.
It is my heritage to stand erect, proud and unafraid;
to think and act for myself, enjoy the benefit
of my creations and to face the world
boldly and say, this I have done.
All this is what it means to be an American.

_"My Creed" by Dean Alfange_

I love this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment